My name is Ryan, and I have a few irons in the fire:
- I blog here about conquering today to live the best life.
- My wife and I own The Worship Workshop.
- My brother-in-law and I own the Edify Workshop
- More workshops are in the works…
- I’m the founder and pastor of the Refuge Church in Seattle.
What Is This Blog About?
How did your new year’s resolution go this year?
They’ve become kind of a joke for most people; synonymous with giving up.
Why is that?
I think it’s because we wake up every day concerned about the goal and not the systems that achieve it.
We wake up on Monday trying to lose 20 pounds.
It’s not going to happen.
After a couple of days, we give up and go to Krispy Kreme. Then, we blame the failure on our “makeup,” as if we’re genetically disposed to eat a dozen donuts in one sitting.
However, if we woke up on Monday determined to conquer today, we may only lose an ounce of body weight. But, if we conquer today every day, we will lose 20 pounds eventually.
This blog is going to be about conquering today.
One of my favorite quotes is from James Clear:
You will not live up to your potential. You will fall to the level of your systems.
If you learn to conquer your habits today, you will win tomorrow.
If you learn to conquer your mindset today, you will win tomorrow.
If you learn to conquer your methods today, you will win tomorrow.
As they say, a journey of a lifetime begins with the first step.
Living your best life, being the very best version of yourself doesn’t happen because of a huge goal and a master plan.
It happens because you lived your best today.
After all, you’re not promised tomorrow. So, what good is that eventual goal?
If all you have is today, you might as well live it to the max.
I want to be as available to you as I possibly can. Please forgive me if it does take me some time to respond! Here are some ways in which you can interact with me:
- Comments – I love comments and will try my best to respond to nearly all of them! Comment on a recent post and let me know what I can do to help you!
- Email – Send me an email. Seriously, click it and send me something. I like encouragement too (besides just questions)!
- Instagram – I’m here: @ryanscottseattle
- Facebook – I respond to things on my FB Page as well. “Like” it!
A Few Other Affiliations:
As I said, I have a lot of projects. I have ownership interests and operational roles with the following businesses:
- PreacherCrate – Founder
- The Worship Workshop – People Accelerator
- The Edify Conference – Founder, Product Evangelist
- The Conquer Habits Workshop (Coming soon)
- Several other smaller things…
Yes, there’s even some “boring” stuff that I’ve want to share with you:
Do you have these policies? You should!